Home survelience is my next move

<<

GoAway

Post Thu Oct 16, 2003 4:38 pm

Home survelience is my next move

After all of these years of hoping that it would just go away. I am now finally angry! :x I am going to invest in home survelience. At least I could catch them and start some type of legal action against this family that persists in making my family's life miserable. Here is a website that might help somebody else also:

http://www.x10.com/deals/deal_pop.htm
Thelma
<<

~evilanne

Post Thu Oct 16, 2003 10:21 pm

Anger and Legal Action is good!!!
Happy Trails :)
evilanne
<<

Motheroftwo

Post Fri Oct 17, 2003 7:51 am

I think that's a great idea, catch them on film and press charges.
Mother of two
<<

verumneu

Post Sun Oct 19, 2003 12:31 pm

If they're stalking you, won't they know you've installed the security equipment? The reason I never did anything like that, was because they seemed to have hired some kind of private investigation company to stalk me or something. It's kind of weird that a stalker would have those kinds of resources.

I'm currently running. This is my second day of it and it seems I have a tail. Kind of sucks. I think I might have to dump my car and that's really not something I want to do. This sucks and I feel like I'm just going crazy. Ugh.

If anyone has any suggestions or ideas on how to survive out here they would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Ver
<<

paranoid

Post Sun Oct 19, 2003 12:58 pm

check for GPS tracking? You can find pictures on line. I don't know much about this, but there are others who have checked and have found them.

If you feel you couldn't put up surveilance equip w/o them seeing you, they surely could have a tracker on your car. It's cheaper than a PI. Best wishes.
Virginal Cindy the upright and stalwart
<<

verumneu

Post Mon Oct 20, 2003 8:20 pm

Thanks Paranoid. I don't know how to check for it, but I'm going to give it a try. Also... I'm home. I came back. I'm writing in an online journal that I'm putting up for all to see. I don't know that it'll help, but I have to purge somehow. Here's the site if anyone's interested.

http://www.geocities.com/publishver/Onl ... 6705541500

I'm also going to check into the local women's center and see what kind of counseling they have. I don't know how else to get past this, but I do know I have to do something to help myself.

All my best,

Verum
<<

paranoid

Post Tue Oct 21, 2003 3:39 pm

You go girl. Take a stand, get angry. It helps.
<<

Priscilla

Post Mon Nov 03, 2003 10:31 am

Hi
It's been a while since I posted in one of the other forums .. but I, too, have finally broken down to do some serious home survellience. I had a single tiny camera, which my stalker found and cut the cable a few months ago. But I managed to find a store going out of business - bought their stuff .. and I'm getting it installed PDQ .. I too worry if my stalker will see what's going on .. but if he does, then I guess that's one way to perhaps demonstrate that he may be using a PI himself .. (I had not thought of that, and that's kind of creepy - who do you trust???) but I'm gonna do it and see how that goes .. I'll let you know.

But you might try to look around your area for a store closing as well .. I managed to get this set-up for next to nothing - 5 cameras + monitor!!! they are going everywhere ..

there has to be a way to stop these people .. there are laws that are supposed to prevent this - but the police department in my town and the sherriff's office - do nothing - absolutely nothing (other than act like I should be committed or something)

this is an aside question - but now I guess I'm getting paranoid .. do stalkers lurk these sites?? how safe is it to say much here??

thanks everyone but just being there .. and for surviving. We need to find a way to unite as a single voice tho - it seems we are from across the country (as well as other countries?) and there seems to be enough of us to make some sort of impact - where do I look to see what's been tried thus far??
<<

paranoid

Post Mon Nov 03, 2003 10:36 am

Yep, stalkers lurk. Be careful. You can go back and edit your posts if you're uncomfortable. There's private messaging at SVS and SAN, but I'm not sure they're safe to a computer hacker type. But then again, one object of the stalking is to control you thru fear, so you have to decide how much you want to be restricted.
<<

Priscilla

Post Mon Nov 03, 2003 10:44 am

thanks .. I did go back and edited before I submitted my previous post just in case .. so where in the world can we go that we don't have to live in fear . is there not a single place that we can just have a normal life, normal conversation .. normal everything ever again??

I'm so tired of living in fear .. I'm tired of not having a normal life - opening my windows for the cool fall night air etc .. I want all that back and as long as he's out there and breathing - that won't happen.

It sounds like the maximum that happens to a stalker when the police finally decide to do something b/c they cannot ignore it any longer is a year in jail .. then what do we do?? moving is not an option for some of us d/t family etc ..
<<

paranoid

Post Mon Nov 03, 2003 12:58 pm

I don't think there is an easy answer. But I do think Enid's idea aboput a high cost is good. Most of these guys are cowardly bullies, and if we can get community support and help, a lot of it may be staopped.
<<

Priscilla

Post Mon Nov 03, 2003 3:39 pm

paranoid
how do we go about getting community support?? the local police department thinks I am a loon, the county sherriff's office think I'm just plain weird (b/c of some of the things I call them out to check) and even my best friend doubts this is really happening (female) .. so what do you do when there's NO ONE that believes you??

I've asked a couple of friends (ex boyfriend and a friend here at work) to write letters documenting the things I've told them, things they've noticed etc .. I'm even thinking of speaking with my doc and asking him to write a letter - not sure what I'll do with all of those - but surely there exists a person or an entity that will read them ..
<<

paranoid

Post Mon Nov 03, 2003 6:52 pm

I don't know how to make people blieve us. Until this started, as wierd asd my ex had become, I still wouldn't have believed he's be at me. Especially 5 years later. How many people would believe a well-spoken, educated professional man would act so stupidly? But they do. Part of the personality makeup of these guys is to apear well-respected at all times. Appearance is everything, but underneath there's nothing.

You're doing all the right things. Stalking has only been a crime for 13 years. So public perception is a big part of our problem. I hope that changes. The boy pursues girl boy gets girl storyline has to stop, too. One reason most stalkers are men is because we tollerate intrusional pursuit from men.

Right now, all we can do is support each other, share information, and hang in there. I DO believe I can outlast mine (most of the time). He never finishes anything.
<<

Priscilla

Post Mon Nov 03, 2003 7:04 pm

I followed links to some of the other pages mentioned in other pages .. one in England - it's amazing how this is a world-wide problem .. there simply has to be a way to bring this to a stop.

you give me hope paranoid - all of you. thank you.

good night all.
<<

enidpd804

Post Mon Nov 03, 2003 10:28 pm

Priscilla, how goes the surveillance? Are you recording? I'm always looking for positive stories to pass on as an incentive to future victims.

As far as stalkers cruising sites like this one, you bet they do. I was looking through some old posts from a couple of handles (they will be remembered by the veterans of this site) stalkmeister and revengemarch 26 or something like that. After I read a few of their posts, it was obvious, they were the same person and obviously someone who had been accused/convicted of stalking or dv. The really scary part was that he alluded to being a peace officer. I'm sure he isn't. His ignorance of anything pertinent to law enforcement convinced me of that. I'm sure he was either looking for a current or a new victim. As much as I like to communicate with people on this site and gain insight, I would discourage giving too much info to ANYONE including me.
<<

troubled

Post Mon Nov 24, 2003 5:37 am

Home surveillance is not as easy as it sounds. I learned (the hard way) that it can be used against you. My car had been stolen from my driveway, so I installed a camera covering the driveway. And when my stalker gained access to my house he/she could watch me drive in and then hide to wait for me to go to the bathroom or answer the phone or go upstairs. I would hear the screen door shut. Another clue was that the TV that the receiver was connected to ... was warm.

Also know that wireless devices can send signals several hundred feet. Someone may very well be able to pick up what you are monitoring. I would never have a wireless ethernet card unless the manufacturer provides hefty encryption built into the card. People actually drive around searching for open networks... its called wardriving.

If you DO decide to get a camera, make sure the wires are not viewable. It is difficult, so wireless, battery operated cams are good, but the battery lasts 4 hours or so, and the cams are more expensive. The cams can be the size of a lipstick. Hide the recording device. Note the time you turn it on and turn it off. Compare time recorded to the time interval. I have some tapes where I am missing 2 minutes of recording. I would watch the tape and record over it, to find the recorder matched my watch. Don't be lulled into a false sense of security. I thought my home was secure and I would have a tape of anyone entering, but I was wrong.

troubled
<<

Priscilla

Post Mon Nov 24, 2003 8:15 am

hi

hitting one problem after another with the system, so it's not going yet and wondering when it's ever going to work and how to connect it to my VCR where he won't notice ~sigh~

Like you, I wonder what to do with the tape .. I seem (and now you) to be the only one that thinks about the fact if he's inside the house - what's to keep him from erasing the tape??

I never thought of the stalking using my surveillance system to watch me!! (wonder if that's what he did the first time??)
<<

Dex

Post Mon Nov 24, 2003 10:02 am

The information about wireless ethernet cards is a common misconception.

There are two standards for wireless cards. 802.11b (11mbps) and 802.11g (54 mbps) - both use 128 bit WEP encryption. All cards are potentially secure, however...

By default, some cards have WEP disabled, and some people do not enable WEP in their router, or password protect their WLAN.

However, if your home network is insecure, this is your fault and you have only yourself to blame. ALL cards currently on the market support 128-bit WEP. Some support 256-bit WEP.

Wireless networks have nothing in common with wireless cameras. Wireless cameras are nasty, dangerous and interfere with wireless networks. Only use wired cameras.
<<

jackie

Post Sat Jan 03, 2004 9:25 pm

:arrow:
Last edited by jackie on Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<<

StillScared

Post Thu Jan 08, 2004 11:38 am

:arrow:
<<

mbck1491

Post Sun Mar 07, 2004 11:40 pm

cameras a good idea, but not fool proof

I don't have the time to go into great detail here about my wife's stalking case. It started in the year 2000 with our phones tapped while she was pregnant with our twins (obviously we didn't know it). Then approxiamatly six months after our twins were born it esculated into following her around when she went out on errands and even making an attempt to pull her into his vehicle in broad daylight while she went to the store (luckly it was unsucceful). Then the breakins started occuring by picking our locks. Now of course I got the police involved, but they didn't want to believe us. So I gave up knowing that we were moving out of state from New Jersey in Pennsylvania as soon as our house was done being built in a couple of months. The freak was at our door step every day, but he was very elusive at the same time. We later found out he was paying off an elderly single neighbor man to watch us. Finally when we realized he was breaking and I kept changing the locks which wasn't doing any good that when I went to work my wife had to stay with friends and family. She could not be alone at all the last couple of months in New jersey. Needless to say the house we were building in Pennsylavania 70 miles away had a full blown ADT security system built into it all windows doors montion sensors. I thought my wife would be safe their. I was wrong. Six weeks after moving we went away for the weekend and the freak came out to PA and broke into our house. He knew were our address was in PA since he was in and out our place a lot in New Jersey. I later found out ADT has a universal code that will disarm the system. The freak somehow got his hands on that code. Now I am a really really pissed husband. I called the police out here in PA. To my amazement they actually did something. They went out to New Jersey to his work place to question him. Of course he denied everything, and didn't seem like he really knew who we were. I thought ok the police went out and talked to that will cool him off, but it didn't. So I got surviellance cameras from x10.com thinking I'll catch him and take him to court. I installed them and acted like a criminal breaking into my own house. I was caught on tape. Great now I'll catch him. So we went away again for a weekend. when we got back I noticed that someone was in again and I vieweed the tape and it had recorded something, but was just static. So now imagine my frustration. I got on the internet and did some deep down research. Certain sites sell electronic devices that will detect any kind of wireless camera and jam it's signal going to the VCR when you get withing 400 feet of it. Finally I got rid of ADT security and a called a small local security company in the area I had them tear down my old security system from ADT and install their own. Before they did that though they discovered that my ADT system had a remote control programed into it. I never had that feature on my ADT system. Ever since I had that new system installed and I don't advertise on the outside of my house that I even have a security system we have been living in piece now for nine months. They assured me that the only code that will disarm the system is my own. This freak had put us through years of turmoil. Due to lack of time this is only about 3% of the story. We have boxes of journals, calendars event logs of the crap this freak put us through. I hope this was a help some kind of help.
<<

paranoid

Post Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:24 pm

Thank you, mbck.
<<

greenpants

Post Fri Apr 16, 2004 9:15 am

cheap motion detectors and alarmsystems

i bought some 20 dollar motion detectors from home depot and my stalker found a way to bypass these. i hope the ones you get aren't so easy fooled.

also my stalker can bypass my apartments alarm system. i keep changing my alarm code and he keeps getting in and shutting off the alarm before it can sound.
<<

verumneu

Post Fri Apr 16, 2004 10:58 am

Well Mr. Greenpants, I'd say you have a bit of a problem. :D
<<

Livinanyway

Post Thu Oct 14, 2004 2:49 am

home surveilance

I am new to this site. I have only posted one message before
and I was asking for advice.
Seems to me that surveilance of your home is a good idea. I
wish I had done that much sooner. Because I would have caught the
first son-of-a-bitch, the first week that it started. Now, I have another
problem, it has grown into a group of stalkers. I just ignored it for most of
this time, mainly because I did not know what to do and the police are no
help unless you have witnesses or video tape.
Hard hitting evidence is what they need.
And even then, you need a lawyer and talk to good cops.
And sometimes it is hard to tell who is and who isn't.

Personally, there have been way too many instances of stalking
and invasion into my personal life.
When I started to write everything down and that means:

the dates, the who, when and wheres, the whats - it floored me!
I now can not believe that I could ignore the abuses of these people
for so long. I just did not know how to handle the problem.

Home surveilance is a great idea.
So what if the stalker(s) find out ,WHO CARES!
It is worth a try. And thanks for the link to a great site to
get cheap cameras and such.

I think anything that helps you is good. I know that only hard evidence is
going to matter anyway. Otherwise, it is life as normal as you can make
it. I can't stop living for anyone.

I am glad to have found this site. I never thought that I could talk
about this before. These abusers who stalk or like dead people.
They have no life and so they need victims to make their
puny, little , insignifcant lives seem like some-thing.

Keep Livin' Anyway! Peace!

Return to Your Next Move - Archive