Making some baby steps

<<

canaDn

Post Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:21 pm

Making some baby steps

Not a complete success story yet, but I had a successful evening of "speeddating" just now and it was very helpful. It's a controlled environment so I could focus on the situations, whether I was emotionally healthy and seeing similar health in others... and hey it never hurts to know you can turn some heads :)

Today I decided to stop being scared of meeting people in case they were weird. The emotional and social isolation are ending, OOOORAH!
Sanity check, over.
<<

Motheroftwo

Post Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:41 am

Speeddating? Is that where you meet a string of people in one evening, spending a short interview period with each one? I've never done that. Did you have a good time?
Mother of two
<<

canaDn

Post Wed Jan 14, 2004 2:18 pm

heya

It was pretty interesting, nice restaurant, a little tricky to keep mental track of how much time left before the buzzer, and one person was definitely offended by me being in the military but his problem!

It was pretty inexpensive for 3 hrs of conversation... $25 + drinks, but I got free movie tickets as a door prize.

It was nice to know that I can still hold an intelligent conversation, turn a few heads, and most importantly get a chance to gauge my reactions to fellow/dating before taking the big plunge of a 1-on-1 date. 8)
Sanity check, over.
<<

paranoid

Post Sat Jan 17, 2004 12:16 am

Gawd, you Marines are so brave... :mrgreen:
Virginal Cindy the upright and stalwart

Return to Success Stories - Archive