Johnson County in Kansas. . .

<<

irishandndn

Post Mon Mar 29, 2004 10:06 pm

Johnson County in Kansas. . .

:x refused to go with charges on my ex stalking me even though i had witnesses, police reports, evidence for over 2 years. apparently i had to die first from it all for someone to take notice.

my stalker went as far as spending 10 days in a mental ward along with bothering my friends and family and neighbors. i dont know where to turn to next. i recently left that area and moved to another state, and he still finds me online.

no victory here. i did everything i was supposed to and it failed! is there anyone in the kansas city area that has had a problem with stalkers?
i recently moved from the state of Kansas because of all the evidence i had on my stalker and reports, the state refused to continue charges. he still bothers me on the computer, and will probably get away with it.
<<

~evilanne

Post Sat Apr 24, 2004 2:57 pm

irishandndn...I am so sorry that you had such problems with the legal system....I'm not in your area. I just happened to click on messages that had no responses. I am sorry no one has responded to you before now but I did want to welcome you. I hope things will get better...the legal system is slow and cumbersome. The laws do vary from state to state and the people posting are from all over the country...it is not recommended that you put too much info on the board that could identify you specifically and often people do get hesitant when people ask where others are from...but generally the laws are similar and this is a great site for information and support
Happy Trails :)
evilanne
<<

bam

Post Mon Apr 26, 2004 11:45 am

Evilanne, has anyone ever told you how thoughtful you are? Finding posts with no replies and making sure everyone is welcomed...wow, you're amazing! I have lots of computer problems and unfortunately, probably miss posts...and then have a hard time catching up sometimes....

irishandndn, I just wanted to add my welcome...and I'm so sorry for what you're going through....I hope things are better since you first posted.
<<

bittersweet

Post Thu May 27, 2004 4:59 am

hi Irishhandndn,

I'm not from your area, but our stories sound very similar with regard to the legal system. I've been told more than once, unless my stalker physically harms me, he's not committing any crimes. It's so frustrating and because our stalker knows we have sought legal help and didn't get it, they feel even more confident in their behavior which they now know they can get away with, even though research and studies and this very website are all indications that non-violent abuse is severely damaging to individuals. That has to change!! It's an election year and I think we should all join together to get the stalking laws changed in every state to include non-violent abuse. We should demand that this crime stop being invisible and it's victims stop being ignored. Women won the right to vight. They won the right conrol their own bodies. And we need to win the right to say no when we are being chronically mistreated by someone. I want justice so badly sometimes, it's all I can think about. Thank God for sitcoms.
<<

~evilanne

Post Thu May 27, 2004 8:04 pm

The victim advocate in the Police Department told me not to expect justice when Dip was arrested. Even when the system works...it will never change what has happened to you or make the bad memories disappear. Just like your name...it is bittersweet :? As criminals...they have more rights than we do and the process is long and drawn out :(
evilanne
<<

bittersweet

Post Fri May 28, 2004 8:15 am

I know Evilanne. You're right. But I'm a big dreamer. I can't stop myself from believing that things could be different, better for victims. My situation is even more difficult because my ex is so popular and well-liked. But even his own daughter has complained to me about how he's so phony in front of people and then a total ass when no one is looking. He was raised not to respect women and now he has four daughters whom he will never respect because he doesn't know anything else. They are the reason I have to be strong. Probably one of my most important goals in raising them is to make sure thay don't fall for a guy just like their dad. No woman deserves to be treated the way their dad treats women and I hope they come to understand that when developing their own relationships.
<<

~evilanne

Post Fri May 28, 2004 1:10 pm

Never stop dreaming!! Things can be better. There are many hard working people doing their jobs everyday and many trying to make it better. It is by no means a perfect system and never will be but it can always be improved. The thing is...there are laws out there but they do any good unless someone is willing to enforce them. It should not take people getting killed for real changes to be made for the better...but in most cases the laws are on the books because of many, many tragedies. I know the laws in my state are the way they are today because of a women getting killed by her estranged ex after attempting to get a protection order. It was over 10 years ago at the mall where she worked but I am sure that some of the jurors on Dip's jury were well aware of the incident.
evilanne
<<

alexandria

Post Sun Jun 20, 2004 7:18 pm

I've been at on-line stalking victims sites for three years

Hi if you want a real mind twister view my blog at e-blog
journalistuncoverscrime, it expires in a few days BUT IT IS NOT OVER YET

Last weekend my stalkers relatives harassed me again, for the first time in three years I fought bag. I was on the water at a park with two friends, one has a Bull Mastiff the other has parrots. I was holding the parrot, she came up behind me, put her right hand on my left shoulder and licked my neck.(No I am not a lesbian) Very slowly deliberately and carefully I reached over to her right hand with my right hand and dislocated her thumb. She was too shocked to scream. My friend said I was right to defend myself and said if anything comes of it they will say it never happened. Nothing will come of it because I ran into her again on my way to the bus stop and told her I would kill her. She believes me.
She is the relative of the woman who stalks my boyfriend and I, she is a heroin addict Today I went to church and saw the crazy woman who originally st alked us in a cafe near the church. She's started calling again. If that woman ever comes near enough for me to touch again I hope to dislocate her shoulder. I have some of my on line postings appearing as publicly displayed logs, my e-blog might not be up but I have the date and IPO which i sent to myself and printed. I urge everyone to FIGHT !!!!!!! Just give it back , and don't stalk them. I am now letting everyone know not just the authorities and I know enought people in common with the woman who stalks my boyfriend and I that I can e-mail her business associates, using descriptions and not names, she and her female cousings and nieces do this to other people too !!!FIGHT THEM !!!!!!Three years of being a perfect lady, law abiding citizen damm nearly killed me. I fight like a demon. I never knew I had it in me. I will not kill them, buit I have learned from their sxxxx strategy and I'm very alert to elevators, staircases, restrooms, dressing rooms, lunch spots, bus stations etc.

Return to Success Stories - Archive