SVS live, or dead?

Moderator: SVS Moderators

<<

bluebarker

Post Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:39 am

SVS live, or dead?

It is evident that this site is no longer serving the purpose for which it was designed. Although you occasionally put effort into changing the cosmetics of the site, there are underlying issues which are not being seriously addressed. The longer you continue to keep your head stubbornly in the sand, the more victims there will be that do not receive the care and help they so desperately need.

I am an experienced (10y) gang stalking TI, and have moved past the emotional issues. I continue to post to both peacepink and FCHS with helpful information about disguises, free computer programs, electronics, DIY security devices, and many other issues in hopes I can help victims. It would be SO much easier if SVS got off its dead *** and devoted some REAL attention to the target audience - stalking victims - and their needs. I keep plugging away at SVS with posts because the site format and commitment to oust perps are excellent, and I'd like to see SVS up and working to its potential.

IMHO, it would be most helpful if SVS would try to focus on new members, and keeping them involved and active. Put yourself in the shoes of a new visitor to SVS and ask yourself what experience makes them leave and not return.

As a suggestion, why don't you seek out some of your more trusted experienced past members. Set up a "welcome committee" to directly contact (via private email addy) each and every new member and make them feel welcome. As it is now, new members coming here for the first time find a BIG EMPTY ROOM, with no one to listen; it a wasted effort to post under these conditions.

You might also appeal to these experienced past members to begin carrying on conversations on the forum. This will not only help draw new members into ongoing conversations, but will give the appearance to new members that SVS is not a DEAD site. If you can't find any past members who are willing to help, set up 20 memberships and start carrying on conversations with yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Further, on the main forum page you might want to "suspend" your prominent use of dates of a last post until you can get the site a bit healthier. Anyone who comes here wants to see indications that if they post, there will be someone at SVS who will read what they have to say. If someone new comes here and sees that the last post was anywhere from 2 months to 5 years ago, they are likely to consider this a DEAD site, and move on in their search for a sympathetic ear, and help with coping.

Another issue on SVS has been dead links. On several past occasions I have attempted to contact SVS people and received absolutely no response, or the links were dead. If this site is for TIs, we need to be able to openly communicate at all levels.

As an aside, if a new member posts comments of a critical nature regarding the SVS site, do not allow an older member to jump on the back of that new member and follow them around with the intent to monitor and be critical of all the new member's posts. It is my understanding that only moderators have that privilege. With actions of this nature, it is little wonder why a new member would feel unwelcome, leave, and not return.

Start paying attention to your target audience. Your focus on site mechanics and strict rules and regulations might need to be tempered just a bit, so you can focus on the needs of TIs. Without TIs, you have a DEAD site - no matter what your intent.
GANGSTALKING: Save your sanity by choosing PROACTIVE over REACTIVE.
<<

admin

Site Admin

Post Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:05 pm

Re: SVS live, or dead?

Hi Blue barker-

Just ran across your post and wanted to respond. I love all your engagement suggestions, but have to give you context of the SVS forums. As with any forum it's greatest gift back is by what the community makes or puts into it. SVS is a non-profit site that Linden finances out of meager donations and her own pocket. The moderators and myself give our time freely. We recently had to address a server move and forum software upgrade, that took an enormous amount of time and resources.

There's no stopping you or any of the community members to be more proactive and motivated here. As I said before I do appreciate your suggestions, these take time and resources. I will also make sure that they are passed along within our team to see what we can accomplish.

~ Sparkley
<<

bluebarker

Post Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:13 am

Sparkel...

Thank you for responding to my post. I would like to make contact w/you off public forum, but am being run around in circle and can't figure out how. Hope to hear from you timely.

bluebarker
<<

bluebarker

Post Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:15 am

Sorry about typo....

Sparkley
<<

Chazzy

Post Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:21 am

I've been a member since 2004 and through the years there have been periods when there is little activity and I'm not sure anyone really knows why. Many join and post and get responses and perhaps find answers and they "move on." Hopefully successfully with their stalker as well. Some of us have remained active and some of us "pop in and out." Any time there is an upgrade and SVS goes offline there seems to be a period in which there is little activity. New members don't see much activity and so they don't post. Hopefully the board will become more active again. But even then there will be these periods.

There are others who have been members through the years and they "pop in" from time to time. The "Tweety" thread is usually where you will find us. We have fought with each other through years about the board and what it should and shouldn't be. It is what it is. In the end it has worked for us. And for others. Even when it seems the board is dead it really isn't. If it were, we wouldn't continue to "pop in." That we do should indicate that SVS is still very much a viable resource for stalking victims. And one reason why is that we are kindred spirits with each other. Even with the ones who no longer post.
<<

bluebarker

Post Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:33 am

If someone were to enter your home and lunge at you w/a knife, would you stroll down the hallway knocking on your neighbors doors, and stand there patiently awaiting their help? Or, would you instead run away as fast as you could while screaming “HELP” at the top of your lungs?
===== When a victim is desperately searching the internet for solace and understanding, they need acknowledgment NOW.

My point is, what good is a forum which has people “popping in and out” to say hi? A desperate TI is not seeking a social club, they want to see a helping hand outstretched to them at the moment in time they need it. Otherwise, why would that desperate TI stay to read comments about things like cameras or PTSS when they are running for their very lives?

There are other more valuable and specific sources of information all over the internet to act as non-responsive resources for stalking victims. Were I looking for that information, I would not enter a forum and spend gobs of time reading thru all the posts to find out something specific, I would go to a website with an informational format.

However, when I need to talk to someone right this minute because I am about to explode and fly apart due to perp stress, then I go to a forum. If SVS is merely a social club, then those in immediate need looking for a timely response will have to wait until someone decides to “pop in”. This is an inadequate acknowledgment for a serious issue.

Although I'm sure you will wrongly conclude that I've loaded the deck by posting as “*sigh*", a poignant example of my point is made in the post “self injury as a coping mechanism”. If I were to look, I believe I would find hundreds of such posts which pre-date my membership.

Instead of popping, make the commitment to SVS and those in need of emergency attention. Visit DAILY and respond in a more timely manner. Bring your friends to help you. There certainly aren't that many new posts and it wouldn't take you that long to acknowledge the suffering TI who needs a response NOW.

This fourm is not going to come back to life on its own accord. Only through the “timely” participation and commitment of people like you, Chazzy, will SVS be resurrected and be something more than a social club for pop-ins.
GANGSTALKING: Save your sanity by choosing PROACTIVE over REACTIVE.

Return to Let Us Know!