Madonna's 'stalker' to get psychological evaluation

<<

woodie

Post Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:38 pm

Posting this to see if they publish the psych evaluation results.

http://www.newkerala.com/news2/fullnews-49242.html

New York, Sep 25 : A Manhattan judge has ordered psychological evaluation for Madonna's alleged stalker as prosecutors said they may charge him with a felony.

Robert Linhart, 59, a retired firefighter, was busted outside the pop icon''s Central Park West apartment with painted signs declaring his love for her - and an ice pick.

Prosecutors notified Linhart that they plan to put his case before a grand jury and may seek felony charges, reports the New York Daily News.

The misdemeanor charges can be upgraded because he has a prior misdemeanor conviction for DWI, officials said.

"I won''t stop until I actually meet Madonna," Linhart told cops after his arrest.
<<

Chazzy

Post Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:53 pm

From other reports he sounds harmless. Except for the icepick. Madonna has gone on the record that she isn't particularly alarmed by him. But hasn't gone downstairs to meet him so to speak either.

This and other "celebrity" cases of late raises the question again of whether stalking is a criminal matter, a mental health issue, or both and whether is should be handled as a criminal matter or a mental health issue. Do you send them to jail or to a psychiatric facility?
<<

woodie

Post Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:22 pm

Chazzy wrote:Do you send them to jail or to a psychiatric facility?

Other than their own death, seems like these are the only 2 other ways of stopping them. Any of the 3 is fine with me.
<<

woodie

Post Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:02 pm

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2010/ ... ssion.html

Crazed Madonna fan Robert Linhart cleared of stalking charges, indicted for weapons possession

BY Melissa Grace
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Originally Published:Friday, October 8th 2010, 1:55 PM
Updated: Friday, October 8th 2010, 6:13 PM

A love-sick retired firefighter busted outside Madonna's building was released on bail Friday but ordered to stay far away from the pop icon.

Robert Linhart, 59, pleaded not guilty to weapons possession and resisting arrest.

A Manhattan judge set his bail at $20,000 on the condition he not step within 10 blocks of Madonna's pad at Central Park West and W. 64th St.

He imposed the restrictions even though prosecutors did not pursue stalking charges against the 21-year FDNY veteran - who was busted twice in one week outside the star's apartment with a knife, a box cutter and a big stick .

Though they did not ask for an order of protection for the singer, prosecutors made it clear Linhart is obsessed with Madonna.

"He had signs that were directed at Madonna," Assistant District Attorney Tatiana Fernandes said, arguing to keep Linhart behind bars. "There is a fixation on her."

Linhart's lawyer insisted he's not a danger to Madonna or anyone else.
<<

woodie

Post Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:17 pm

They let him off easy this time, but with his attitude, he'll probably end up in trouble again soon...what nerve.

http://gothamist.com/2010/10/10/madonna ... treets.php

Madonna Stalker Back On The Streets

Even though the ice pick wielding Robert Linhart said he's "going to go right back there [Madonna's apartment] and do it again," he was released on $20,000 bail on the condition that he stay 10 blocks away from her Upper West Side apartment. Linhart was not charged with stalking after parking outside Madonna's apartment with an SUV full of signs, a knife and an ice pick, but was ordered to stay away because "there is a fixation on her," says Assistant District Attorney Tatiana Fernandes.

Prosecutors had asked that bail be set at $60,000, as Linhart, a retired firefighter, has a DWI conviction. He is also facing felony weapons charges in the Madonna case. Linhart's lawyer says he is not a danger to Madonna, and previously argued, "My understanding is it's not a crime to adore Madonna."
<<

woodie

Post Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:01 pm

http://www.contactmusic.com/news/madonn ... al_1284618

Madonna - Madonna Stalker Turns Down Plea Deal

18 January 2012 04:25:41 PM

A man accused of stalking Madonna when he was arrested twice outside her home as turned down a plea deal, with his lawyer saying he should not have been arrested.

A man accused of stalking Madonna has turned down a plea deal with a year-long sentence.

Robert Linhart's lawyer Kevin Kitson claims his client should not have been arrested after two incidents near to the singer's New York home in September 2010, despite being found with a knife in a bag and an ice-pick in his truck.

He was also found with signs professing his love for the 'Like a Virgin' hitmaker.

Kitson said: "The New York City Police Department in this case was a servant of the private security of Madonna doing a celebrity's bidding. If you have enough money and power, the rules are different."

Linhard - a 61-year-old retired New York fire fighter - will now attend a hearing on February 21 which may lead to a trial.

He is currently out of prison on $20,000 bail but has been ordered to stay away from the 53-year-old pop star-turned-director.

According to court documents written at the time, Robert believed he had a right to be outside her home, where he had written notes on the pavement including "meet me please" and "tell me yes or no".

He said: "I can be here. This is police brutality. I have a right to do this. I am not doing anything wrong."

Return to Media Room