Selena Gomez's serial stalker talks to god

<<

woodie

Posts: 1804

Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:45 am

Post Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:15 pm

Selena Gomez's serial stalker talks to god

Another stalker on a mission from god :shock:

http://articles.burbankleader.com/2011- ... al-illness


Selena Gomez obtains restraining order against serial stalker

Man with prior convictions for stalking women is told to stay at least 100 yards from Disney actress.

October 18, 2011|By Veronica Rocha, veronica.rocha@latimes.com

Disney star Selena Gomez has obtained a restraining order against a 46-year-old convicted stalker who allegedly planned to kill her based on conversations he said he had with God.

Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge William Stewart last week ordered Thomas Brodnicki, who is listed in court documents as staying at the America Motel in Los Angeles, to stay at least 100 yards away from Gomez, her parents and an assistant.

In court documents, Gomez said she feared Brodnicki “will harm them in his attempts to see me or to harm or kill me.”

The 19-year-old girlfriend of teen heartthrob Justin Bieber told the court, which issued the temporary restraining order Oct. 13, that Brodnicki visited her workplace at least three times.

Brodnicki allegedly has a long history of mental illness, and was twice convicted of stalking in Illinois. In one case, he was arrested after stalking a woman for years from a suburb of Chicago to Ames, Iowa, where she was attending college.
<<

Chazzy

Posts: 2069

Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2004 2:52 am

Post Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:09 am

In a curious way the judge seems to feel that it is "okay" to stalk her but only if he does so "from a certain distance."

If he has a history of mental illness, the judge, regardless of whether he was asked to, should have ordered that he seek professional help.

If he was convicted already of stalking, the victim shouldn't have been forced to seek a restraining order. The LA County District Attorney's Office should have been seeking a protective order as part of their prosecution of him.

Why does there always seem to be something wrong with the picture?
<<

woodie

Posts: 1804

Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:45 am

Post Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:37 am

http://news.yahoo.com/man-pleads-not-gu ... 30290.html

Man pleads not guilty to stalking Selena Gomez

AP – Thu, Nov 3, 2011.

LOS ANGELES (AP) — A man with a history of mental illness has pleaded not guilty in Los Angeles to stalking actress and singer Selena Gomez.

Forty-six-year-old Thomas Brodnicki entered his plea Thursday in Superior Court to one count of stalking. Bail was set at $150,000 and if Brodnicki is convicted he faces up to three years in prison.

Brodnicki is accused of stalking the "Wizards of Waverly Place" star between July and October. Police were notified by mental health workers that he also threatened to harm or kill Gomez while he was on a psychiatric hold.

Gomez was granted a temporary restraining order last month that has been extended to three years.

Brodnicki is scheduled to return to court Nov. 16.
<<

woodie

Posts: 1804

Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:45 am

Post Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:31 pm

Wow, judge doesn't think a repeat offender who threatened to kill her is dangerous?? Just goes to show you that even having all the money in the world doesn't help sometimes.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/ ... s_national

LA judge dismisses charge against man accused of stalking Disney star Selena Gomez

By Associated Press, Published: November 16

LOS ANGELES — A judge on Wednesday dismissed a criminal case against a man charged with stalking Selena Gomez, saying he did not believe prosecutors had shown he intended to cause the actress and singer to be afraid.

The dismissal will free Thomas Broadnicki, 46, who was charged earlier this month with stalking Gomez between July and October.

The starlet was not present for Wednesday’s preliminary hearing during which a prosecutor attempted to show there was probable cause for Brodnicki to stand trial.

Brodnicki has a history of mental illness and was being held on $150,000 bail after his arrest on Oct. 31. Mental health workers had notified authorities that he had threatened to kill the starlet while on a psychiatric hold.

“We strenuously objected” to the dismissal, district attorney’s spokeswoman Sandi Gibbons said. She said Superior Court Judge Edmund Willcox Clarke Jr. ruled Brodnicki “did not have the intent to cause fear.”

Gibbons said the office is evaluating its options, which could include re-filing the case at a later date.

A civil restraining order requiring Brodnicki to stay 100 yards away from Gomez remains in place. A hearing is scheduled for Nov. 23 to determine whether the stay-away order will remain in place for the next three years.

Gomez, 19, wrote in a sworn declaration that she is in “extreme fear” of Brodnicki.

Brodnicki was represented by Deputy Public Defender Nick Stewart-Oaten, who did not immediately return a phone message seeking comment.

Anthony McCartney can be reached at http://twitter.com/mccartneyAP.
<<

woodie

Posts: 1804

Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:45 am

Post Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:25 pm

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/ ... s_national

Judge extends temporary restraining order protecting Selena Gomez from man accused of stalking

By Associated Press, Published: November 23

BURBANK, Calif. — A civil judge extended a temporary restraining order Wednesday but refused to issue Selena Gomez a lengthier order against a man accused of stalking the singer-actress.

Superior Court Judge William Stewart said he will not grant a three-year restraining order while Thomas Brodnicki remains on a psychiatric hold unless he has assurances the man had an opportunity to be represented at a hearing.

Stewart did extend a temporary order requiring Brodnicki, 46, to stay 100 yards away from the “Wizards of Waverly Place” star until a Jan. 6 hearing.

Los Angeles Police Detective Jose Viramontes told Stewart that Brodnicki is in a hospital on an involuntary psychiatric hold and efforts are under way to place him under a conservatorship. Viramontes said those proceedings, which would place Brodnicki under court supervision and could establish a treatment plan, could take 10 months.

The judge said allowing Brodnicki time to contest the restraining order is a basic due process issue.

Gomez’s attorney, Blair Berk, argued that Brodnicki had an opportunity to contest the order and briefly had a public defender in another case who could have handled the issue.

Another judge recently dropped a felony stalking charge against Brodnicki after determining prosecutors hadn’t proven he had caused fear for the star.

Berk argued that the civil order was the only court protection for Gomez.

Gomez, 19, did not attend the hearing. She wrote in a sworn declaration that she was in extreme fear after learning that Brodnicki had threatened to kill her while he was on a previous psychiatric hold.

Prosecutors accused him of traveling to Los Angeles and stalking the actress between July and October.
<<

woodie

Posts: 1804

Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:45 am

Post Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:56 am

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/20 ... er-to-her/

Selena Gomez Stalker: I Am a Danger to Her

Published December 14, 2011

The man accused of stalking Selena Gomez admitted that the Disney starlet needs to be protected from him.

Thomas Brodnicki, who previously said that he had conversations with God about killing the 19 year old, submitted a sworn declaration stating, "I believe that a restraining order should be issued against me to prevent me from trying to contact Selena Gomez," TMZ reported Wednesday.

A felony stalking charge against the 46 year old was dismissed by a Los Angeles judge last month due to a lack of evidence to prove that Brodnicki would carry out his threats against the actress and singer.

Gomez then applied for a permanent restraining order, but the judge in the case refused to issue it until Brodnicki appears in court Jan. 6 to defend himself.

Brodnicki, who has a criminal history of stalking, does not want to attend the hearing and submitted the declaration to support Gomez's claim.

"I do not wish to object to the restraining order against me because I know it is the only thing that will make me stay away from Selena," he added in the declaration.
<<

woodie

Posts: 1804

Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:45 am

Post Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:58 pm

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/gossip/ ... nicki.html

Selena Gomez granted restraining order against alleged stalker

January 6, 2012 | 6:46pm

A man accused of stalking Selena Gomez has been ordered to stay far away from the singer and her family for three years — and did we just hear boyfriend Justin Bieber breathe a sigh of relief?

L.A. Superior Court Judge William D. Stewart on Friday issued the restraining order against 46-year-old Thomas Brodnicki, who was accused of threatening to kill the 19-year-old "Wizards of Waverly Place" actress.

Brodnicki has two previous stalking convictions, L.A. Now reported in November. At the time the former Illinois resident pleaded not guilty to felony stalking of Gomez, whom authorities said he'd traveled across country to meet and then threatened to kill while on a psychiatric hold in October. The judge in the criminal case dropped the charge after determining prosecutors hadn't adequately proved their case.

Stewart, a civil court judge, had twice delayed issuing the restraining order against Brodnicki while waiting for him to respond. Then in December, Brodnicki filed a declaration that essentially consented to the restraining order.

"I know it is the only thing that will make me stay away from Selena," he said in the declaration, according to TMZ.

So. Gomez and her family are safe(r), the Biebs doesn't have to go medieval on anyone, and Brodnicki, who has a history of mental illness, agrees he's received due process.

Let's hope things stay that way.

Return to Media Room

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software Change colors.